Equipment and Packages
||Equipment & packages Engineer
||Equipment & packages Lead
Perform technical tasks assigned by the Equipment and Packages Lead, related with design,
verification or study activities.
Interface with other Equipment and Packages Engineers
Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside the Company.
Reviews Client's technical documentation and requirements:
1) Maintains project technical files and update Company standards.
2) Controls subcontracted discipline engineering documents.
3) Overviews tender or contract documents to identify the disciplinary project requirements, the
available data/information and the required scope of work.
4) Executes studies and engineering relevant to equipment, machinery and packages.
5) Determines mechanical and machinery engineering requirements.
6) Defines design criteria for equipment/machinery/packages.
7) Sets up and progress basic and detail engineering activities.
8) Prepares detail engineering documentation in compliance with the process requirements and
technical specifications (equipment mechanical data sheets, noise controls functional specification
9) Reviews Client's project specifications and requirements.
10) Provides technical assistance to commercial activities.
11) Prepares the technical documentation for the equipment procurement and assists the procurement
department in vendor selection.
12) Maintains technical files and update company standards.
13) Provides technical support to project groups.
14) Optimises the technical solutions ensuring minimal cost and simplification in compliance with the
15) Supervises subcontracted mechanical engineering activities.
16) Prepares list of spare parts and consumable.
17) Prepares technical specification for equipment installation.
18) Prepares mechanical books.
19) Ensures Equipment, machinery and package suppliers follow-up.
20) Ensures technical support during plant construction, precommissioning and commissioning
21) Assists QC entity during Equipment/ Machinery/Packages inspection and installation.
Plan, co-ordinate and control the development of Equipment and Packages Engineering for a
Project activities performed inside or outside the Company in accordance with project/client
Ensure compliance with all Project interfaces and supervise in-out information flow.
Ensures the Equipment, Machinery & Packages engineering support to different projects
Tenders and job start-up:
1) Acquires and understands the Project goals from Contract, specific documentation and the kick-off
2) Sets up the procedure for the control of Discipline activities.
3) Contributes to define the Discipline list of activities, list of deliverables and time schedule in
accordance with Contract requirements.
4) Produces a detailed list of in / out critical information to be closely monitored by PEM for a correct
course of the project.
5) Produces the methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and
specific design guidelines.
6) Assists the Discipline Coordinator in the Project team of Specialists set up and in verifying the
effectiveness of working instruments.
Project Execution and Job progress and completion:
7) Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements
and the contractual obligations.
8) Takes any corrective action within the Specialists group necessary for this purpose or reports to
PEM for more extensive problems.
9) Is the technical reference for Specialists and Designers and ensure the participation to the
10) Monitosr and reports actual progress / check for Equipment and Packages Discipline activities,
including control of men-hours and delivered documents; particular care is required for sub-contracted
11) Coordinates the evaluation of the design changes to the original scope of work and verify the
implementation of those approved.
12) Is aware and keep track of all interface ( in / out ) information.
13) Checks and signs all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical
specifications, drawings, etc.
14) Attends to internal review activities and inter-discipline check meetings.
15) Provides technical support to Project group.
16) Provides technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in
the scope of work
17) Reports to the Project staff and to the Client whenever required.
18) Ensures follow-up activities.